Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sounder

Many mornings I have the objective of trying to get down to the beach in time to watch a Sounder or two go by. Sometimes it happens, but not often enough, and when it does, I don't often get pictures.

I get down in the evening even less often, but did today.

I wasn't in position to get the image I might have wanted but decided to take a shot anyway. And with the light not being what I wanted, I thought it was a great opportunity to play with conversion to black & white.

I think it turned out better than the color version, below. The color has been tweaked to make it look more like Spring & less like Autumn. My monitor is so bad that I'm not sure how the results will look to someone with a good monitor. But then you never know how the colors will look to someone with a lousy (or badly adjusted) monitor, so there you are.

No comments: